South West Healthy Livestock Initiative
Bodmin Moor Livestock Initiative has been successful in its application to secure South West Healthy Livestock Initiative funding to provide a wide range of farm support aimed at improving general health and fertility on 100 Bodmin Moor Beef and Sheep Farms.
Once registered you will qualify for a detailed veterinary consultation to establish the farms main areas of focus using tools listed below:
• Initial blood screening for BVD, Leptospirosis, IBR and ]ohne's disease FREE of charge.
• Up to 3 Bulls tested for Fertility, FREE of charge.
• Blood samples tested for mineral deficiency in cattle.
• Blood samples tested for mineral deficiency in sheep.
• Veterinary input to advise on Blood Testing against Enzootic/Toxoplasmosis abortion in Breeding Ewes.
• FREE dung sample analysis for Lambs testing against anthelmintic resistance.
• Up to 7 hours on farm FREE with a veterinarian.
• A FREE full Livestock Health Plan.
For further information regarding eligibility please call the BMLI team and we can discuss your application and get you registered. Beef and sheep producers located in one of the 18 parishes that make up Bodmin Moor Livestock Initiative area will be eligible to apply for support providing they have a turn over of more than £20,000 from agricultural activity and are farming over 5 hectares of land.
Please contact the team at:
Coldrenick Farm Offices,
Cornwall, PL30 4QE
Tel: 01208 892803 / Mobile: 07528 983441 or